Please read the following terms and conditions then follow the below link to complete the form.
These apply to all pre-enrolments from 17th December 2015. All pre-enrolments received before this date follow our previous policy which was first come first served.
- The child’s name is placed on the pre-enrolment list in date and time order, i.e. the date and time the enrolment form is received by the school.
- Children must be 4 years old by 31st May in the year that they are due to start school.
- We wish to emphasise to you that submitting this pre-enrolment form does not guarantee or imply that there will be a place for your child.
- Starting from February each year, places are offered from the pre-enrolment list for the following September. Pre-enrolled siblings of current students receive offers first; remaining places are offered following the ranking of the pre-enrolment numbers on the pre-enrolment list on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Places are offered by post to the address on the pre-enrolment form unless parents have informed the school in writing of a change of address prior to the offer being posted.
- When places are offered, parents/guardians are asked to accept, reject or defer the place offered. If the place is accepted, the parents/guardians must complete a registration document, an ethos statement, provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate, and payment for the school’s book rental scheme, which may only be refunded in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Board of Management. If a hard-copy, written response is not received by the school in the time limit given, the child’s name will be removed from the pre-enrolment list in order to offer the place to the next child on the list.
- Entry to Junior Infants can be deferred for one year only.
- Where entry is deferred the child’s name is inserted into the pre-enrolment list. Deferred names are placed on the pre-enrolment list according to the original enrolment date. This does not guarantee an offer of a place for Junior Infants the following year.
- Offers of places will continue until the maximum permitted number is reached: in this regard, the Board will take account of relevant Department of Education guidelines in relation to class size and staffing schedules as well as relevant requirements concerning accommodation, including physical space, the educational welfare of all of the children, and their health, safety and general welfare.
- Offers of places will continue until the maximum permitted number is reached.
- When the classes are filled, the school will be in contact with the remaining people on the list.
- Where enrolment is requested to higher classes:-
(a) An enrolment form is to be completed in the normal way.
(b) Confirmation that the child was enrolled in another Primary School must be provided.
(c) The child’s name will be placed on the pre-enrolment list for the following September.
(d) A place may then be offered provided there is a place available in the present class.
- It is the sole responsibility of the parents/guardians to inform the school promptly of any change of address, telephone number, email address or other relevant information.