- All our staff volunteers who organised our Olympic challenge, Run Around Ireland Challenge, Virtual Olympics, Olympics Lessons and coordinated with coaches to come in over the week.
- Síofra’s 5th Class for teaching the whole school our dance to kick things off and our resident DJs Fiona and Maria.
- Our teacher Elaine and her Donabate hockey volunteers for facilitating fun taster sessions on Monday.
- Killegland Soccer Club who support us annually- Gráinne and Dave’s super soccer sessions this year.
- Our teacher Máire for running sessions and Ashbourne Tennis Club and Ashbourne Community Centre for loaning us rackets, balls and giving us complimentary use of their fabulous courts for the day on Monday.
- Brian- our PT putting children though their paces with circuit training.
- Our GAA coaches who are with us throughout the year.
- Tara and her zumba gear!
- The Mobile Music School- outdoor drumming.
- Kevin our rugby coach who is with us during the year also.
- Sandra and the volunteers from Cushinstown Athletic Club
Active Week 2021Home / Active Week 2021 - June 1, 2021 , by claire
We danced our way into active week yesterday, dropping everything to move when Try Everything played over the intercom. Please ensure your children are wearing active footwear and clothing for the duration of the week as we aim to get up and moving as much as possible every day. All children and young people should be active, at a moderate to vigorous level, for at least 60 minutes every day as per the HSE’s National Guidelines On Physical Activity For Ireland
We would encourage everyone at home to join in with our active homework for the week that’s in it too!
We have reached out to some sports organisations/ clubs in the area and are so grateful to those in a position to support us and offer pupils taster sessions of what they have to offer. It’s a great time for children to take up a sport coming into the summer- see the details below of just some of the sporting opportunities locally for primary school aged children.
Many thanks to the following for being so kind with their time and energy this week: