This week is Friendship Week at Ashbourne ETNS. We have lots of lovely activities happening around the school. The children have been playing, complimenting and sharing all day, all week and there is a lovely atmosphere here in the school. The younger children have been making Friendship Chains and a Collaborative flower display for their class and the older children were making Friendship Bracelets today. The older children have also all been allocated a Secret Friend for the week and teachers have been seeing lots of random acts of kindness throughout each day. Tomorrow we will all have fun playing team building games and there will be a special Friendship Assembly on Friday in the hall.
Pictures to follow..
Movie Night is this Friday Feb 23rd at 3.50.
1 ticket: €5; 2 tickets: €10; 3+ tickets: €12
Drop off and collection:
- Parking is at the GAA club only
- Entrance and collection for movie night is at the main entrance door into the PE hall only
- All children must be walked into the school and signed in on arrival by their accompanying adult
- All children must be signed out by the person collecting them
- Children are not permitted to walk home from this event (including those who normally walk home from school)
- Contact numbers on the day: Lamia 085 783 4975 and Carole 087 274 1187
- For insurance purposes this event is open to children in the school only.
Budding Gymnasts in Robert’s Senior Infants
January was a long and very busy month in Robert’s class. It has been a busy month for wobbly teeth, and so we talked lots about the dentist and learned a new poem called ‘My wobbly tooth’.
Our P.E. topic in January was Gymnastics. We walked like animals, talked about the different ways we can move around a space, rolled in different ways, balanced on the big and small parts of our bodies and even tried some very tricky balancing positions.