We danced our way into active week yesterday, dropping everything to move when Try Everything
played over the intercom. Please ensure your children are wearing active footwear and clothing
for the duration of the week as we aim to get up and moving as much as possible every day. All children and young people should be active, at a moderate to vigorous level, for at least 60 minutes every day as per the HSE’s National Guidelines On Physical Activity For Ireland
We would encourage everyone at home to join in with our active homework
for the week that’s in it too!
We have reached out to some sports organisations/ clubs in the area and are so grateful to those in a position to support us and offer pupils taster sessions of what they have to offer. It’s a great time for children to take up a sport coming into the summer- see the details below of just some of the sporting opportunities locally for primary school aged children.
Many thanks to the following for being so kind with their time and energy this week:
- All our staff volunteers who organised our Olympic challenge, Run Around Ireland Challenge, Virtual Olympics, Olympics Lessons and coordinated with coaches to come in over the week.
- Síofra’s 5th Class for teaching the whole school our dance to kick things off and our resident DJs Fiona and Maria.
- Our teacher Elaine and her Donabate hockey volunteers for facilitating fun taster sessions on Monday.
- Killegland Soccer Club who support us annually- Gráinne and Dave’s super soccer sessions this year.
- Our teacher Máire for running sessions and Ashbourne Tennis Club and Ashbourne Community Centre for loaning us rackets, balls and giving us complimentary use of their fabulous courts for the day on Monday.
- Brian- our PT putting children though their paces with circuit training.
- Our GAA coaches who are with us throughout the year.
- Tara and her zumba gear!
- The Mobile Music School- outdoor drumming.
- Kevin our rugby coach who is with us during the year also.
- Sandra and the volunteers from Cushinstown Athletic Club
We would like to thank you all for participating in our €10 for 10k fundraiser over the May Bank Holiday weekend. We raised just under €3000 which we hope to put towards outside seating for the children. Today Gráinne (Teacher rep on PTA) and Denise Birch (PTA rep) drew names of children who participated from each class. The winner from each class received a €10 Smyths voucher and all children who participated received a bookmark. Thanks again for all your support!!
Ashbourne Educate Together’s amazing Parent Association
The Educate Together €10 for 10K Family Fundraiser!
Click here to donate
HSE Meath are running virtual drop in clinics for any parent who are worried about their child’s speech and language needs. It is an opportunity to seek general advice directly from speech and language professionals. Calls can be video or phone calls. See poster below for details !
Friends in a pandemic! A project to boost English language skills, make new friends and get creative together!
Mother Tongues is planning a series of weekly sessions for children and teens who want to make new friends, practice new skills under the expert guide of some of the best artists in Ireland and improve their English in a safe and welcoming environment.
From painting to drama, from stop-motion art to creative writing, there will be something for every child/teen to get stuck in!
The workshops will be available for all ages (primary and secondary school) but will be open only to children and teens who need to improve their English language skills and for whom English is not the first language.
Currently the project is planned to take place online during term time, but we also plan to run a Summer school, if there is enough interest.
We are gathering information to find out which schools would be interested in finding out more about this initiative.
We will organise a number of open evenings for schools and parents to learn more about this project.
Find out more about Mother Tongues at www.mothertongues.ie
To express your interest please fill in the google doc below